"Take steps to protect your data if you see your password instead of your password hint for an encrypted APFS volume.
Your password might be displayed instead of your password hint if you used the Add APFS Volume command in Disk Utility to create an encrypted APFS volume, and you supplied a password hint. (Encrypted APFS volumes that you created using any other method are not affected.)
Changing the password on an affected volume clears the hint but doesn't affect the underlying encryption keys that protect the data.
Apple recommends that you take these steps to guard the security of your data.
Protect the encrypted APFS volume
Follow these steps to update macOS High Sierra, and then back up, erase, and restore the encrypted APFS volume.
1. Install the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update from the App Store updates page.
2. Create an encypted backup of the data in your affected encrypted APFS volume.
3. Open Disk Utility and select the affected encrypted APFS volume in the sidebar.
4. Click Unmount to unmount the volume.
5. Click Erase.
6. When asked, type a name for the volume in the Name field.
7. Change Format to APFS.
8. Then change Format again to APFS (Encrypted).
9. Enter a new password in the dialog. Enter it again to verify the password, and if you'd like to, provide a hint for the encrypted APFS volume. Click Choose.
10. Click Erase. You can see the progress of the Erase process.
11. Click Done when the process is complete.
12. Restore the data that you backed up in Step 1 to the new encrypted APFS volume that you just created.
Protect other accounts
If your disk password for any affected encrypted APFS volume is the same as the password that you use for a macOS user account or an internet service, you should change the password of the user account or internet service.
FYI: macOS updates/build number changes typically break Nvidia web drivers. I'd switch to the default Apple driver and reboot before updating, if your card is supported with the default drivers. (If not, wait for an update.) (The Sept. 27th Nvidia 322.214.171.124.15.114 driver was for macOS 10.13 build 17A365.)
2 readers confirmed that driver doesn't work with the new build (17A405). A Mac EFI (flashed) GTX970 user reported kernel panics on boot after the update. (A nvram reset used to revert to Apple supplied driver but not sure it supports the GTX970 or if nvram reset still clears nvidia driver selection in 10.13.) UPDATE: - The video topics page has Nvidia Driver Update for macOS 10.13 (17A405).
Since there's a long history of OS updates breaking Nvidia web drivers (I've posted a warning about that under every macOS/OS X update news item for years) - if your card is supported by the standard graphics drivers - switch to the Default Graphics Driver in Nvidia Driver Manager prefs pane (and reboot to confirm it works with your card model) before installing any OS update. (If your card isn't supported by default drivers, of course you either wait for an Nvidia driver update, or swap in a card that is supported before updating the OS.) I know it's frustrating for those affected (over and over again). And not just graphics drivers - CUDA updates also. (But at least Nvidia is still providing Mac driver updates.)
Apple's High Sierra forum has had several threads on Install failures related to a required firmware update and some failed firmware verification. (Assume they're not booting from RAID as even previous FW updates won't install from a RAID boot drive.) Also some install failures with DiskManagement error (early thread, several pages now). Mac Pro Tower owners say a Mac EFI graphics card is required. A Sapphire Radeon 7950 Mac Edition user had problems, until he set the ROM Switch on the 7950 card to the Mac EFI position. (Bill noted he updated his Hackintosh with GTX-1050ti to macOS 10.13 OK however.) Of course forums are always full of problems vs success stories but often waiting until a new major OS version (especially with a new file system) gets updated (.1, .2, etc) is sage advice.
BTW: I've seen a couple posts on the Mac Pro EFI graphics card issue say they swapped in an (Apple OEM) AMD/ATI 5770 card. Never owned one of them but years ago I bought a (used) Apple OEM Nvidia GT120 (for appx $100 IIRC back then) to have on hand. (It requires no Auxiliary Power, a plus when you use a higher end card that requires both of the Mac Pro's 2 PCIe Power cable connections.)
Yamaha MusicCast Controller (US) iOS App v2.40 (iOS 9.0 or later)
- Overall stability & latency between devices improved. New functions now available.
YouTube iOS app v12.38 (iOS 9 or later)
- iMessage support added.
- Swipe to remove videos from playlists you've created.
watchOS 4.0.1 released
- Fixes issues that were causing Apple Watch to join unauthenticated (captive) Wi-Fi networks, such as those often found in public places like coffee shops and hotels, which direct the user to a web page before the network can be accessed.
iOS 11.0.2 released
- Fixes an issue where crackling sounds may occur during calls for a small number of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus devices.
- Addresses an issue that could cause some photos to become hidden.
- Fixes an issue where attachments in S/MIME encrypted emails would not open.
Download Nvidia Graphics Driver 3126.96.36.199.15.114 for macOS 10.13 (17A365)
Download Nvidia CUDA 9.0.197 Update (for macOS 10.12.x)
SoftRAID 5.6.3 Update (includes fix for macOS High Sierra kernel panics)
Important Note for High Sierra BETA users with APFS format Fusion Drives
Warning about encrypting HFS+ volumes (w/o OS installed) on High Sierra
Notes on High Sierra Problems with some Macs using Third Party SSDs
Common Problems During and After macOS High Sierra Installation
About DiskWarrior 5.0 and High Sierra/Apple File System (APFS)
How to Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Install Drive with DiskMaker
Apps With Known macOS High Sierra Compatibility Issues
Resuming your bootable backups after upgrading to High Sierra
Civilization 5 game crashing in macOS 10.13 (if both expansions enabled)
List of Aspyr game Problems with macOS High Sierra
macOS Server v5.4 for macOS 10.13
About Apple Pro Apps and macOS High Sierra
Carbon Copy Cloner 5.0.3 update release notes
Little Snitch 4.0.3 update release notes
3 Paths Apple Could Take the Modular Mac Pro (part 1)
iBooks Author v2.6 for OS X 10.11 or later
iOS 11.0.1 release notes
Netstor NA333TB3 Thunderbolt DAS Review
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- How to download macOS High Sierra
- How to Create a bootable installer for macOS
- How to choose between APFS & Mac OS Extended when formatting a disk
- How to install macOS and About macOS Recovery
- How to free up storage space on your Mac
- About Time Machine Local Snapshots (added note about High Sierra)
- How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac
- Deploy apps in business environment with iTunes (with D/L link for iTunes 12.6.3)
- Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Can't send email with iOS 11 & Outlook.com or Exchange account (fixed in iOS 11.0.1)